11. Having a hobby is good for you. It doesn’t matter what it is _____ it drives you forward.
A. as long as B. though C. unless D. in order that
12. ______ the characters leave unsaid is often more important than what they put into words.
A. That B. When C. What D. How
13. ––My car is making a really strange noise.
––You’d better get it ______ before you drive to Denver.
A. looking at B. looked at C. to look at D. being looked at
14. I wish I ______ your advice then. In that case things might not be so bad.
A. have taken B. took C. had taken D. would have taken
15. What’s touching about being a volunteer is seeing _____ helping brings out the best in people.
A. what B. whether C. why D. how