The President's Higher Education Community Service − Honor Roll, launched in 2006, annually highlights the role that colleges and universities play in solving community problems, such as building up students' confidence, creative abilities and placing more students on a lifelong path of civic engagement.
Days of Service, one of the Corporation for National and Community Service (CNCS) makes the effort to encourage Americans to volunteer in their communities in memory of Martin Luther King. On these days of service, CNCS provides tools and resources for organizations and individuals to become engaged in service activities.
The Community Child Car Program is a comprehensive program which combines child care services, child development services, child mental health services, and family support services for low-income families. The program also enables these parents to work or attend school or job training,
Neighborhood Partnerships Office is a part of our effort to provide opportunities for Americans of all ages and backgrounds to give back and serve in their communities. It helps repair houses, ensuring that these groups have the abilities, tools, and volunteer resources they need to help our communities.
Family Service of Santa Monica is always offering professional team that truly makes a difference in the life of abused children in our communities. For children suffering from family violence, it also offers a place where they can live a peaceful life and learn more, it also offers help for children who are disabled or ill.
Community Services assists you in growing your family through adoption. It was set up in 1948, which is one of the country's largest non-profit adoption services. It helps over 200 children each year find comfortable homes and foster adoption opportunities both at home and abroad.
46.Jackson once worked for the President's Higher Education Community Service--Honor Roll. Since he is proud of black people, especially Martin Luther King, now he would like to work for Days of Service.
47.Jack is a clerk in a big company while his wife is a cleaner. They are too busy to look after their two-year-old daughter, so they look for someone else with child care experience to look after her. However, they are not well-paid.
48.Peter is an art student who lacks confidence. He is very shy and always follows others. He seldom tries to create anything new because he thinks he is unable to make it. Now, his parents desire to find role models to inspire him.
49. Tom Wilton got married 5 years ago. However, his wife lost the ability of giving birth after she got a serious illness. Now they want badly to adopt a child to make their family complete. But they have no idea where and how to get a child as they need.
50. Eddy was born in a poor family. His father is always drunk and beats him while his mother can do nothing but complain. Though he is eager to receive a good education, he has no chance to go to school. He wishes to live in a peaceful place where he is cared and respected.
46. 答案为B。 答案由 “the Martin Luther King， Days of Service”与 “Martin Luther King,
Days of Service.”所决定。
47. 答案为C。答案由 “child care, low-income families” 和 “child care; not well-paid.”对应。
48. 答案为A。答案由 “lacking of confidence, lacking of creative abilities, sets up examples” ,
与 “lacks confidence, seldom tries to create anything new, find role models to
inspire him” 对应所决定。
49. 答案为F。答案由 “non-profit adoption services”, “to adopt a child” 对应所决定。
50. 答案为E。答案由 “suffering from family violence, offers a place …live a peaceful life and
learn more”与“beats, He wishes to live in a peaceful place where he is cared and