Where would any of us be if we went to schools where no competition was allowed? How would we know whether we have the ability to be good at a sport or other things? How would we know whether we are making the right effort or whether we are wasting our time? How would we learn the concept of improving our performance? How would we know about setting and meeting goals?
Competition serves so many purposes. Competition sets many people on the right path towards understanding what it takes to win. Competition can tell a student when more work, more time or improved studying strategies are needed to catch up with other students who achieve higher grades and better results from their study programs.
Children learn through competition that desires and hard work may not be enough to win recognition, higher grades or rewards. There are times when students must learn that they may not be able to excel(突出) in certain sports or academic areas. Everyone can, however, do their best to support their teams in other ways, even though they are not the star of the team.
Students would move on to areas where they are showing advantages and can excel. Competition will force them to stop putting their time into trying to meet inappropriate goals.
Unfair competition exists somewhere, but it can teach students about the realities of the world ahead of them. Most importantly, they can get the good lesson that no one can escape being punished for cheating or lying in competition.
It would be impossible to eliminate all competition from a child’s school experience. There is no benefit to sending a young person into a world with no lessons learned from competition.
56. What is the main idea of the text? (No more than 8 words)
57. How can competition help students achieve higher grades?(No more than 15 words)
58. What lesson can students learn from unfair competition? (No more than 12 words)
59. What’s the meaning of the underlined word “eliminate” in the last paragraph?
(No more than 3 words)
60.In your opinion, what is the benefit of competition? (No more than 25 words)
56. Competition in school is beneficial to students.
57. By making students know when more work, more time or improved studying strategies are needed.
58. They will be punished if they cheat or lie in competition.
59. remove/ get rid of
60. Competition can help us know our advantages and disadvantages so that we can set proper