Unit3 Life in the future（单元测试）
1. suffer from _____________________
2. be back on one’s feet______________
3. in all directions___________________
4. provide with_____________________
5. speak in whisper__________________
1. In China many people have bought cars and the number of p_________ cars is increasing quickly.
2. My s_________ is good; I don’t need glasses.
3. The project had to be stopped for the l________ of money. The manager has gone to raise money.
4. The old man sat there telling stories,s__________by children.
5. Keeping an o___________state of mind is good for health.
6. The freedom of the p________right of jounalist to report events must be protected.
7. He made the same mistakes again though I ofen r_______him not to.
8. His first speech as president made a deep i_________ on his audiences.
9. His eyes f__________ anger and defiance at everyone.
10. The robbers broke in, wearing _________________（面罩）
11. Xiao Hua is one of my p_________ friends in middle school.
12. The police set about looking into the murder case___________（迅速）
13. Confused by the new ______________（环境）, I was hit by the lack of fresh air.
14. Do you know the __________ (长度) of this bridge?
15. There are several __________ (开关) on the wall. Can you tell me which one turns on the hall lights?
1. The crowds fled _____all directions the moment the bomb exploded.
2. Watching TV too much will result _____poor eyesight.
3. The picture reminded me_____what happened ten years ago.
4. The visit to Japan left a great impression _____us.
5. It is hoped that the policy will put the country _____its feet again.
6. It was ten years ago that he took _____medicine.
7. The old buildings _________repair date back to the 1870s.
8. Four added_____six makes ten.
9. You will be required to assist Mrs Smith ________preparing a report.
10. ______a rule,we are paid _____ the hour.
11. You must rely _____ the opinions based _____facts.
12. What tools _____earth can the bamboo be used _______?
13. The man struggled ____his feet after being knocked _____the bike.
14. _____the dark street, there wasn’t a person _____whom I could turn ____help.
15. The hurricane swept____the whole city,causing hundreds _____deaths.
relax, turn out, speed up, take up, suffer, base on,
lack, surrounding, assist, understanding
1. I hadn’t expected that things should have _______like this.
2.The two boys who had quarreled reached an________at last.
3. With the piano ________too much room,the two brothers had to share one room.
4. The girl’s heart often ________while she is talking to a stranger.
5. Our city _______ heavy losses in the great flood.
6. Direct taxation is usually _________income.
7. As we all know,he failed for _______ of experience.
8. The villagers ________the police in their search for missing child.
9. The _____________where a child grows up may have a great effect on his growth.
10. As college entrance examinations are drawing near,you mustn’t ________ your efforts for a moment.
1. Playing games on the Internet _________ _________ (占用) most of his time
2. What I saw ________ ________ ________ (使我想起了) my childhood.
3. When he got there, he _________ _______ ______ (看见) the ship on the sea but soon it was ______ _____ _______ (看不见了).
4. Our classroom should be _________ ________ (打扫) after class every day.
5. He ______ ______ (加快速度) the car in order not to be late.
1. My cousin doesn't know what to ______ at the university; he can't make up his mind about his future.
A. take on B. take away C. take up D. take after
2. Thank you for ______ me of the important date.
A. remembering B. thinking C. reminding D. expecting
3. I advise you to take school more seriously, otherwise you’ll have to go out and work, _____.
A. as a result B. now and then C. in a word D. at that moment
4. —Who came out _______ first in the London Marathon?
— Michael. He’s always ________ first to reach the line.
A. the; the B. 不填；不填 C. the; 不填 D. 不填; the
5. When you finish reading the book .you will have ________ better understanding of ______life.
A. a; the B. the; a C. 不填; the D. a; 不填
6. “How could you lose so much money?” Charlie asked his wife, eyeing her angrily from______ the kitchen table.
A. at B. across C. through D. on
7.— What was it, Ted?
—Just a(n.) ___________ in my shoulder. It’s gone now.
A. injury B. ache C. wound D. pain
8. John couldn’t finish his words _______ something had struck his throat.
A. though B. as though C. when D. since
9. For miles around me there was nothing but a desert, without a single plant or tree ______.
A. on earth B. for distance C. in sight D. at place
0. He has very sharp eyes; he can ______ sight of things quickly.
A. catch B. lose C. raise D. lower
11. Do you know who provides these orphans(孤儿) _______ food and clothing?
A. with B. for C. to D. of
12. Christie stared angrily at her boss and turned away, as though ________ out of the office.
A. went B. to go C. gone D. would go
13. The murderer has run into the mountain and the policemen are _________ him.
A. searching B. questioning C. searching for D. finding
14. It rained last night and the flowers don’t require _________, so he _________ water the flowers.
A. being watered; doesn’t need to B. watering; doesn’t need to
C. being watering; needn’t D. watering; needn’t to
15. I don’t believe that older people are always wiser. It _______ the person and what kind of experiences he or she has had.
A. requires of B. results from C. depends on D. belongs to
16.When ____ ,the museum will be open to the public next year.
A.completed B.completing C.being completed D.to be completed
17.The research is so designed that once ___ nothing can be done to change it.
A.begins B.having begun C.beginning D.begun
18.___ ,they went home,___.
A.Their work had been finished;singing and laughing
B.They had finished their work;sang and laughed
C.Their work finished ;singing and laughing
D.After their work finished;singing and laughing
19.____ more attention,the trees could have grown better.
A.Given B.To give C.Giving D.Having given
20. Unless ________ to speak, you should remain silent at the conference
A. invited B. inviting C. being invited D. having invited
21.____,the experiment will be successful.
A.If carefully doing B.If it done carefully
C.If carefully done D.If doing carefully
22. Friendship is like money: easier made than ______.
A. kept B. to be kept C. keeping D. having kept
23. She begins to cry loudly as if_______ bitten by a snake.
A.was bitten B. bitten C.bit D.to be bitten
24. If______ it is heated to a high temperature, water will change into vapour
A.is heated B.heating C.heated D.to be heated
25. Though_______ of the storm, the farmers were still working in the fields
A.warning B.were warned C.warned D.having warned
答案：一．1.遭受 2.恢复，复原 3.朝四面八方 4.提供 5.小声嘀咕
6. take up 7 in no way 8. sweep up 9. assist in 10. light year
1. private 2. sight 3. lack 4. surrounded 5. optimistic
6. press 7. remind 8. impression 9. flashed
10.masks 11.previous 12.swiftly 13. environment 14.length 15. switches
2. 填in。result in”导致，引起”。
3. 填of。remind sb of sth“提醒告诫某人某事”。
4. 填on。leave an impression on“给------留下印象”。
5. 填on。put…on its feet“使恢复生机”。
6. 填up。take up“从事”。
9. 填in。assist sb in doing表示“协助某人做某事”。
10. 填as, by。as作为，by则表示按照。
11. 填on, on。rely on“依靠” be based on“以------为基础”。
12. 填 on,as。on earth“究竟” be used as “被用作”。
13. 填to, off。asstruggle to one’s feet“挣扎着站了起来”，knock off“撞下来”。
14. 填 in, to, for。turn to sb for help“向某人求助”。
15. 填 up, of。sweep up“习卷” thousands of“数以千计”。
1. turned out 2. understanding 3. taking up 4. speeds up 5. suffered
6. based on 7. lack 8. assisted 9. surroundings 10. relax
1. takes up 2. reminded me of 3. caught sight of; out of sight 4. swept up 5. speeded up
1—5 CCADD 6—10 BDBCA 11—15 ABCBC 16—20 ADCAA 20—25 CABCC